Subject: Re: cvs: firmware mpeg.c,1.122,1.123
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-13

George Styles wrote:
> Yeah, ive got slightly flakey key handling on this as well. Twice ive played
> with the pitch (The Prodigy experience @ 200% is mental...) and the keypad
> has become locked, requireing a power cycle to recover.

Actually it appears you can hang the entire unit, not just the keypad. Playing a high-bitrate track at 200% for an extended time will often trigger this.

This is what I mean with "pushing the envelope". The system wasn't designed for this. Used within reasonable ranges, the feature is stable. Push the limits and you can make it hang.

--
Björn