Subject: RE: Delay between tracks (was: Just a short question)
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (Linus.Nielsen_at_elema.siemens.se)
Date: 2002-09-16

> My mp3's are split on frame boundaries.
> The Archos 1.28 Firmware plays them all right after another without a
> delay.
> By using rockbox there is a delay between the tracks. Can I
> dump 2 mp3's somewhere so you can take a look?

OK, I have looked at your files. The have approx 1.5Kb of zero bytes *after*
the ID3V2 tag. How silly. The MP3 decoder probably looses the sync when it
receives all that junk data.

The Archos firmware probably removes all data after the ID3V2 tag until it
finds an MP3 sync word.

I guess we will have to add that feature too, but I just can't understand
why on earth your ripper/encoder/ID3 editor adds junk to the file between
the ID3 tag and the stream data! What software are you using?

/Linus