Subject: AW: Delay between tracks (was: Just a short question)
From: Danjel Ilisin (
Date: 2002-09-16

Well this is the only feature that hinders me from switching permanently
to rockbox :-O

This seems to be the part that causes the delay:

                else {
                    /* skip past id3v2 tag (to an even byte) */
                          id3tags[tag_read_idx]->id3.id3v2len & ~1,

So i just have to finetune the getid3v2len() function, right?
Can't be that difficult :) Scanning for the 1st mp3 frame right
after the V2 tag and adjusting "offset" according to scan result.

Uninstalling Winamp? Hmm, will think about it. If you show me a
windows player that is as versatile as Winamp.