Subject: Re: Delay between tracks (was: Just a short question)
From: Vladimir Pantelic (pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: 2002-09-16

Nielsen Linus (ext) wrote:

>>And you're right - mp3check tells me too, that there
>>is junk between the header and the stream data.
>

> So don't add V2 tags with Winamp.
>

>>Maybe one of the programs uses a predefined size for
>>the IDV2 area (like 2k or 4k or so?)

To write an ID3V2 tag which is at the start of a file,
one would normally have to rewrite the whole file.
Now if you use a tag that is the size of a filesystem cluster
then (given the OS is smart enough) only one cluster and the
FAT chain have to be rewritten which is much faster!

So maybe Winamp is smart, but not smart enough to adjust the
tag size to include the junk data.

Regards,

Vladimir