Subject: Re: I'm out
From: Heikki Hannikainen (hessu_at_hes.iki.fi)
Date: 2002-09-16

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Florian Mösch wrote:

> The *big boss* (TM) made a draft proposal and asked for other ideas. I
> wrote that I would prefer using a well established system like GNU
> gettext in favor to another proprietary implementation. The simple
> answer was something like "my idea is better." And after another few
> ideas from other people the same answer each time.

  Um, the answer was actually a list of clear technical problems with
using GNU gettext. The problems were real, and you (or anyone else)
couldn't offer an easy solution to the problems. No-one even tried to do
so. It was well demonstrated that gettext isn't a good solution for this
platform, and the other idea was better, for now.

  - Hessu