Subject: Re: .lang files
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-16

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Kjell Ericson wrote:

> Extending your example I understand that this is what you want when you got
> more items:

Right. That's how two swedish translations would look like.

> > The order of these keywords are important. They should only come in the
> > order as stated above (to make writing scripts for this easier).
>
> Nah, I'm against that. Writing a perl script is easy anyway. If you say the
> order is important than you (almost) say that we will never extend the
> format (easiest way to write a script is in your case to always read four
> lines and skip the tag text).

Yes, I can figure out that part too. ;-) The thing is that I didn't want to
make 'desc' for example mandatory, so there might not be four lines but only
three etc. Thus, right now the scripts detect 'new' as the end-of-a-phrase.

But you're right. The set order is pretty lame.

> Do we want comments too? # good to have or just messing up the script
> writing?

Uh, I forgot to mention that but the scripts support "#" for comments now,
which makes it pretty good to add "notes" in updated traslation files etc.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/