Subject: RE: AW: Delay between tracks (was: Just a short question)
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-09-16

> Is this *ALL* winamp versions?
>
> Is this *ALL* songs winamp write tags to?
>
> Is there any available tools that could fix this?

I _think_ it isn't a winamp specific problem, but to be honest, I
haven't done any tests so far. I know several MP3 tag editing programs
that use this way of writing id3v2 tags, because they don't have to
write the whole file again when changing some of the tags.
I use Exact Audio Copy V0.9beta4 to rip and encode my music (via LAME)
and it has this option "Additionally write ID3V2 tags, using a padding
of xx kb". You can find a similar option in MP3-Tag-Editor and many
other programs and they all (as far as I remember) recommend having this
"padding".
If it is a common problem, I think we should handle it.