Subject: Re: .lang files
From: Florian Mösch (fmoesch_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-09-16

> Ok, we've had some time to discuss and think things over [...]
Yes. Absolutely and we didn't get a step ahead ;-)

> A single file for each language. Plain text.
Yes.

> Example:
Good design. Now for my ideas to improve it:

- Use a blank line to separate the items. You won't need the lines in
   the given order then as you can detect the blank line instead of the
   "new:" line.

- Write "#id:" instead of "id:",
          "#" instead of "desc:",
          "msgid:" instead of "eng:" and
          "msgstr:" instead of "new:".
   That would make the format gettext compatible. Not that we use it
   (yet) but we coul'd still keep that as an option.

Florian.