Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: DRAM 2MB -> DRAM 8MB

DRAM 2MB -> DRAM 8MB

From: Matthias Wächter <matthias_at_waechter.wiz.at>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:15:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

Did some soldering today in my company. A lot of work (about 2.5 hours)
for the unmounting and mounting of the DRAM chip and additional work for
the patching of some wires. At least no patches (cutting) on the board
were necessary, just 12 additional wires and bending of two pins of the
new DRAM chip. Additionally, I found out there is a documentation mistake
in the AJB schematics about the connection of the address bus: DRAM's A0
is connected to SH1/FLASH's/etc A1 and so on - of course, we have 16-bit
addressing at the DRAM so it has to ignore A0. And some additional
mistakes about A0-A2 connected to the 573, but that's a minor issue.

Put it all together again and - it works! At least using 2MB, no patched
firmware available yet supporting 8MB, I will play with this tonight.

Sorry, no pictures available yet (but expect some ugly soldering on the
pics ...) :-)

I keep you on track about the firmware patch and (hopefully) the success
story.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
                    "To get control over people, make them trust you.
                                            To make people trust you