Subject: Re: DRAM 2MB -> DRAM 8MB
From: Warp Dag (warpdag_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2002-09-17

>>Actually I don't agree at all!!!
>>
>>Just think 5 minutes ;)
>
>Actually I thought more than that :-)

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding ;)

>OK on this one too. I'm sure we'll soon know how much longer the 8MB unit
>will run. It will be interesting to see whether the theory will match real
>life.

Yeah, but only if they plan to change the firmware to be able to deal with
larger buffers, because now the firmware will only use 1/4 of the 8MB chip
and consider it as a 2MB. As long as only a few of us is willing to open its
jukebox to change the memory chip, I don't know if the team will consider
that as a top-priority feature... I hope so!

By the way, I was thinking that it would greatly improve the life of our
hard drives, as long as the drive would spin 4 times less, and then there
will be less risk of shocks while spinning, reading and writing.

- David

Discutez en ligne avec vos amis ! http://messenger.msn.fr