Subject: Re: DRAM 2MB -> DRAM 8MB
From: Warp Dag (
Date: 2002-09-17

>>Actually I don't agree at all!!!
>>Just think 5 minutes ;)
>Actually I thought more than that :-)

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding ;)

>OK on this one too. I'm sure we'll soon know how much longer the 8MB unit
>will run. It will be interesting to see whether the theory will match real

Yeah, but only if they plan to change the firmware to be able to deal with
larger buffers, because now the firmware will only use 1/4 of the 8MB chip
and consider it as a 2MB. As long as only a few of us is willing to open its
jukebox to change the memory chip, I don't know if the team will consider
that as a top-priority feature... I hope so!

By the way, I was thinking that it would greatly improve the life of our
hard drives, as long as the drive would spin 4 times less, and then there
will be less risk of shocks while spinning, reading and writing.

- David

Discutez en ligne avec vos amis !