Subject: Re[2]: DRAM 2MB -> DRAM 8MB

Re[2]: DRAM 2MB -> DRAM 8MB

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:26:47 +0200

Hello Matthias,

Matthias Wächter wrote on Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 1:22:52 PM:

MW> Well, you name it: First get the part. I got a HYUNDAI (www.hynix.com)
MW> part from a rare-part-reseller from Germany (www.bimex.de), packed as five

Are they selling only five or can I order two (a second one if I
destroy the first)?

MW> Second is to un-solder the old part (in my case, the ISSI 2MB DRAM). We
MW> did this with two heating fans, set up for 400°C and directed to the pins
MW> of the device.

You had a special cone for this (don't know if it's the correct
term)? So how did you heaten only the pins and not the other chips? It
would be nice to have some photos of your device with the new dram and
the heating fan tip.

MW> vias on the board for easier soldering. I will post a picture of my
MW> AJB-crime soon - I expect a digicam for birthday... :-)

Oh yes, photos, thanks! :)

Bye, Uwe.