Subject: Re: [Patch] : Recorder Browser improvment VERSION 2
From: Greg Haerr (greg_at_censoft.com)
Date: 2002-09-17

: > lcd_puts_rev ( x,y,str, eol )
: > lcd_puts_scrool_rev( x,y,str, eol )

Rather than creating new lcd_ API entry points every time
we want a new text output formatting feature, I think
we need to move to an attribute-based method
of displaying font characters. This also negates the
(seemingly continous need in this project) for
constant #ifdefs throughout the code). Trust me,
this will become an issue now that we have real
font support and want to do fancy things with fonts.

How about:

lcd_attr(SCROLL|REVERSE);
lcd_puts(...)

The lcd_attr implementation can ignore things like
REVERSE that don't work on non-bitmap displays.
In additionl the following attributes can be implemented:

NORMAL
REVERSE
BOLD (draw characters twice, second at x+1 position)
SCROLL

In addition, the lcd_putsxy should use the lcd_setfont
font value.

Am I the person who should make these changes?
Comments?

Regards,

Greg