Subject: Re: some more issues (continued -- sorry)
From: Greg Haerr (
Date: 2002-09-17

: with all this font loading stuff we NEED multiple icons. There is a
: VERY nice looking font clR5x6.bdf at:
: but the icons overlap on the small fonts. Moreover, larger icons are
: probably necessary for the larger fonts too.

The clR6x8 could be exactly what we're looking for, it's
8 pixels high and 6 side, fixed-width. It's definitely a better
font than the X6x8 that I originally included. Should
I change out X6x8 in favor of this one ASAP?

(I would like to submit a patch that uses
firmware/sysfixed.c and firmware/sysfixed.bdf so
that we don't change filenames every time we want to
build in a different base font)

Uwe - these clR*.bdf fonts look very close to the fonts
you're working on, do you suppose these are the originals?