Subject: Fw: Hello rockbox folks
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2002-09-18

----- Forwarded message from Seth Kintigh <> -----

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Seth Kintigh <>
Subject: Hello rockbox folks

I would send this to the list if I knew how. I don't
want to subscribe, I prefer reading on the web page.

Anyway, I started lurking right after you guys voted
on a name. I tried installing the compiler on win98
but it never worked. All I wanted to do was make some
3D screen saver, which I now realize would be tough
without floating point... Anyway, then I changed jobs
and I moved to Texas.

I just checked back in and I am so completely blown
away, it is like magic. I really wish I could sit
down with some of you and you could explain how you
went from talking about a multi thread OS and MP3
playback to suddenly having a working firmware that
kicks the crap out of the Archos one. I'm an EE by
education and have done a lot of programming, but this
is magic to me. I have no idea how to program an OS.

Perhaps someone can write a history of how stuff was
done and why. Or maybe I should read a book on OSes.

Anyway, I would like to help, but don't know how. Do
you need more programmers?

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines

----- End forwarded message -----