Subject: Re: .lang files
From: Florian Mösch (fmoesch_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-09-18

>>- Write "#id:" instead of "id:",
>> "#" instead of "desc:",
>> "msgid:" instead of "eng:" and
>> "msgstr:" instead of "new:".
>> That would make the format gettext compatible. Not that we use it
>> (yet) but we coul'd still keep that as an option.

> I disagree. If we ever want to use gettext tools for our .lang files,
> converting between them is a 5 minute perl job.

OK. It's all said. You are right. A conversion is always possible. But
hey, all I suggested was to change the keywords to make things
compatible. Nothing else. You can of course write a perl script to
convert the files. I thing a simple regexp will do the job. Well it's
your decision, and if you like the words "eng" and "new" more than
"msgid" and "msgstr", use them. I still see no reason why "eng" should
be better than "msgid" (I already said why I think "msgid" is better
than "eng") but it is of course OK. Do whatever you like. I'm still
available for german translations...

   Florian.