Subject: Re: .lang files
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-18

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Paul Suade wrote:

> say, you write in your source : _lang_("Hello World\n"), which is quite
> more readable than a macro.
>
> Before really compiling the source, you preprocess it with a special tool
> will transform it in a ID in a temporary source like :
> _msgstr_(MSGID__HELLO___WORLD_092_N).

That way, when you run a debugger and similar, you don't see the same C
source code that you saw when you edited the code. I've been involved in
systems using hacks like that before, it was not pleasent to deal with.

I'm against introducing new preprocessors. That's just me.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/