Subject: Re: Special characters in fonts?
From: Greg Haerr (greg_at_censoft.com)
Date: 2002-09-18

> I wonder if by loading a different font it would be possible to display
language specific characters like german "Sonderzeichen"? ( ...)

I forgot to mention that in the last fonts patch, the default font includes
the full ISO 8859-1 character set. (thanks Bjoern Fischer).

This means that if the language files are encoded in ISO 8859-1,
things should all work. If a system.fnt is loaded that doesn't support
ISO-8859-1 characters, then the system will display the
DEFAULT_CHAR setting in the .bdf file (usually a space...)
If this is undesirable for loaded fonts, then we'll need to
have a check that disallows a loaded font if it's not at
least 128-32+128 characters long.

Regards,

Greg