Subject: Re[3]: battery measurement
From: Tjerk Schuringa (
Date: 2002-09-19

--- Uwe Freese <> wrote:

> The battery status (percentage) is only calculated by the voltage of
> the battery. So if it jumps up and down, the voltage of your battery
> jumped up and down.

Maybe it would be a better idea to just give the raw voltage of the battery.
The percentage does not give a good indication of the actual time left as this
is dependent on so many factors. I used to have a cellfone (ahem, Sagem) that
would give the actual voltage, and that was great. I now have a Motorola and it
says "40%" for days and then all of a sudden it conks out on me "LoBatt".

Do you Yahoo!?