Subject: Re: .lang files
From: Florian Mösch (fmoesch_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-09-19

Hi Paul !

> Or more simply add it in the temporary source:
> << _msgstr_(MSGID_... ,"Hello World\n") >>
> or
> << /* _lang_("Hello World\n") */ _msgstr_(MSGID_...) >>
> as a substitution ?
> That way, you will be able to see which english message is associated
> even when debugging source. I don't really see where the problem is.

This is a very nice idea I think. And I cannot see any reason why Daniel
seems to simply ignore the ideas. Thi sdiscussion is abrupted by his
announcment and call for translations. Sorry for that.

Hi Linus !

> Still, it might be nice to have a script that searches the code for
> character strings, just to find non-translated strings.

Absolutely. Thats what I suggested. But Daniel doesn't seem to like the
idea. And I won't write a script that isn't fully integrated in the
translation process. I'm out (of this topic).

   Florian.

PS: Anyway, I'll still contribute to this project's part with a german
translation if nobody else is writing one yet.