Subject: RE: File Transfer..
From: Nielsen Linus (ext) (
Date: 2002-09-20

It's funny how we always come back to this discussion. The answer to this
question is the same as the answer to FAQ #18, #19 and #20. The S/PDIF port
is connected to the MP3 decoder chip only. If we want to send data through
that port we will have to do one of two things:

1) Create new DSP code for the MP3 decoder to allow for raw data transfer
over S/PDIF. This is yet not an option, since we have no documentation for
that DSP.

2) Open the box and connect the SH1 serial port to the S/PDIF port.