Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: converting old prop font finished
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2002-09-20


Hello,

I changed and completed some characters (about a third of the
characters). Now this is a new, but I think even more readable font!

Changes I made after my last approach:

- made all numbers (0-9) the same width (5 pixels, that's one less
  than in clR6x8)
- deleted 127-158 because they were empty characters and aren't in
  clR6x8 either
- changed the FONTBOUNDINGBOX to "8 8 0 0" and all characters to "w 8
  0 0" (All letters start at the bottom line, so the y displacement
  should be 0 instead of previously -1.)
- took the nice character names (after STARTCHAR) from clR6x8
- there were two chars too much, other three weren't there (according
  to clR6x8), created these chars
- changed 7 4 @ because they looked ugly
- changed A (+ all accent versions) h d (made the middle part "higher")
- thinner / \
- changed E F L (rounded) Z (1 pixel wider) Q (1 pixel thinner)
  M m n (rounded) i (+ all accent versions) l (thinner) J (without top bar)
  and left the funny N as it was ;)

To summarize: My work's finished for now. I think the font is usable,
very readable, try it, have fun and add it to the cvs. ;-)

In the attachment:

- .bdf .c .fnt .bmp version of the font (copy .fnt to
  /.rockbox/default.fnt to test the font)
- fonttest.wps to have a quick overview over the font

Bye, Uwe.




Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew
aaa