Subject: Re: Music Filter
From: Bill Napier (
Date: 2002-09-20

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:55:04 +0200, <> said:
> schrieb am 20.09.02 13:12:01:
>> Hello,
>> It would be interesting to have three options instead of two for
>> the Music filter in the Menu/General/fileview menu. The three
>> options would be -Music files -Music files + Firmwares + Fonts +
>> EQs -All instead of the initial on/off selector.

> If that is implemented, I would suggest for the "music files
> only-setting" that directories with a dot as the first character
> (like ".rockbox" or my personal ".data" directory would be blanked
> out as well.

There is already a setting for this. The "Hidden Files" setting.
This settings hides 2 kinds of files:
1. ones that have the FAT HIDDEN attribute set (for those of you who
can set that attribute - ie. windows users)
2. Files that begin with "." (for those of you who can't set the
attribute - ie. unix users).

If it happens once, it's a bug.
If it happens twice, it's a feature.
If it happens more than twice, it's a design philosophy.