Subject: Re: Special characters in fonts?
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2002-09-20

Am 18 Sep 2002 um 13:41 hat Greg Haerr geschrieben:

> > I wonder if by loading a different font it would be possible to
> > display
> language specific characters like german "Sonderzeichen"? ( ...)
>
> I forgot to mention that in the last fonts patch, the default font
> includes the full ISO 8859-1 character set. (thanks Bjoern Fischer).
>
> This means that if the language files are encoded in ISO 8859-1,
> things should all work.

I've just loaded today's daily build and the German "" in a filename
didn't display. The old font set couldn't display it either, but put
a question mark in place to show it could not handle the char. The
new font shows a blank where the char should be.

Martin