Subject: Re: Music Filter
From: Remo Hofer (remo.nospam_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2002-09-20

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:05:46 +0200 hdavid_at_mail.com (Henri DAVID) wrote:

>It would be interesting to have three options instead of two for the Music
>filter in the Menu/General/fileview menu.
>The three options would be
>-Music files
>-Music files + Firmwares + Fonts + EQs
>-All
>instead of the initial on/off selector.

I would propose a 4th setting:
- Playlists only

This would help thos people who have a playlist in each album
directory to play the album in correct order without preceding
the filenames with a number.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:13:46 +0200 bjorn_at_haxx.se (Björn_Stenberg) wrote:

>Why?
>
>The purpose of the filter option is to select between two modes:
>
>1) Archos-style music-only browsing
>2) Rockbox-style all-you-can-eat no-limits browsing
>
>I think few people keep junk files in the same directory as their Rockbox
>files. So a show-only-files-rockbox-can-handle mode will not hide many files
>and is thus no different from the snow-all mode.

I'm not happy with the filters as they are implemented now,
because:
- My normal setting is: hidden files are hidden and the music
  filter is on.
- Firmwares, fonts, EQs etc. do belog into the ".rockbox" folder.
- To boot into another firmware (or load a different font, EQ etc),
  I have to change both settings.

I would not care if the ".rockbox" folder is visible (without
showing the rest of the hidden folders e.g. MacOS junk folder
or data folders), but this is not possible because the dot
(and so the hidden attribute) is hard coded into the path for
the convenience of the unix users.

I would also not care, if firmwares (etc.) not in the ".rockbox"
folder were visible (e.g. ARCHOS.MOD in the root dir).

So my favorite setting would be:
show all non hidden directories plus ".rockbox" and all music and
supported (firmware, fonts etc.)

--
Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Do NOT remove nospam from email address!