Subject: Re: problems with makefile under cygwin
From: Hardeep Sidhu (
Date: 2002-09-20

> when i use make under cygwin on windows i now have several problems:
> - make uses the path /cygwin/p/rockbox while p is my p: drive
> by chaning this to p:/rockbox make works

You need to use an SH-1 compiler that understands the cygwin path
convention. Justin Heiner has provide one at

> - perl scripts only run under windows when using the command perl
> so i changed that and run it manually
> ../tools/uplang replaced by cp ../apps/lang/english.lang build.lang
> perl ../tools/genlang build.lang

Are you sure you installed perl on cygwin (instead of a standalone perl
executable)? Cygwin understands the #! notation for shell scripts and the
Rockbox scripts work on it without any modification.