Subject: Re: Music Filter

Re: Music Filter

From: Bill Napier <napier_at_pobox.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 11:57:27 -0400

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:35:20 +0200, Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net> said:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:05:46 +0200 hdavid_at_mail.com (Henri DAVID)
> wrote:
>> It would be interesting to have three options instead of two for
>> the Music filter in the Menu/General/fileview menu. The three
>> options would be -Music files -Music files + Firmwares + Fonts +
>> EQs -All instead of the initial on/off selector.

> I would propose a 4th setting: - Playlists only

My proposal:

A config file on the file system for file view filters (or maybe part
of another config file). Each filter entry would consist of two
parts:

1. A printable name for the filter (Music files only, Files I like,
etc.)
2. Some kind of language to specify what files should be shown in that
mode.

I was thinking about some kind of extended regexp for #2 (regexp to
handle filename matching, extensions to handle file attributes like
hidden files), but I pretty sure we don't want to run a full regexp
library on the SH1. Maybe a stripped down, Rockbox specific
regexp-like sytax? Any thoughts?

This message brought to you by the letters G,N,U and S.