Subject: Re: Music Filter
From: Bill Napier (
Date: 2002-09-20

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:35:20 +0200, Remo Hofer <> said:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:05:46 +0200 (Henri DAVID)
> wrote:
>> It would be interesting to have three options instead of two for
>> the Music filter in the Menu/General/fileview menu. The three
>> options would be -Music files -Music files + Firmwares + Fonts +
>> EQs -All instead of the initial on/off selector.

> I would propose a 4th setting: - Playlists only

My proposal:

A config file on the file system for file view filters (or maybe part
of another config file). Each filter entry would consist of two

1. A printable name for the filter (Music files only, Files I like,
2. Some kind of language to specify what files should be shown in that

I was thinking about some kind of extended regexp for #2 (regexp to
handle filename matching, extensions to handle file attributes like
hidden files), but I pretty sure we don't want to run a full regexp
library on the SH1. Maybe a stripped down, Rockbox specific
regexp-like sytax? Any thoughts?

This message brought to you by the letters G,N,U and S.