Subject: Balance and Fastforward/Rewind speeds
From: Rob Ward (wards_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: 2002-09-21

Thanks Linus. Regarding the balance, I think the 0..100 range is
probably useful in some cases, however I wonder whether most people
would need that sort of resolution. Should this be a configurable
setting - say, a 10/100 setting. Can't say I care that much as I doubt I
would ever use the balance anyway. Just a thought.

I have tried the acceleration, however listening to audios that are 1
hour long, it takes ages to scan to half-way unless step size is
increased. Then resolution is lost. My guess is that acceleration would
be quite easy to implement. If no-one else is interested, I may look at
the code in a month or so. Anybody care to comment?

Rob W