Subject: Quick poll for the battery FAQ
From: Andrew Jamieson (
Date: 2002-09-22

Hello everyone,

I'm still working on a revision of the battery FAQ (honest!), and I would
like to ask everyone if they could check what HDD thier Archos has
(Manufacturer and model number, also if its an after market addition or not)
and then mail the details to the below address. Don't mail to this forum,
as I would imagine everyone else couldn't care less for the moment (If the
Rockbox Pantheon care to over-rule this, that's cool too). This info will
be used for data on drive current consuption and maximum voltage rating, as
well as to get an idea of how homogenous the Archos build has been over the

Also, if you have any long unanswered battery/current consumption/charger
question, please feel free to ask it in the mail. I can only fail to answer

The mail for this is

Thanks a bunch ....