Subject: Re: Memory management
From: indigo99_at_netcourrier.com
Date: 2002-09-23

> If you really need 30K buffer for some reason you should allocate it
> statically. The question is why you need all that memory.

I was planning to load the entire file in a buffer to keep things simple. But if I have to do a static allocation I'm going to use a lot of memory even if the app is not used so I guess it's a bad idea.
I will probably try to load a part of the file and have a caching stratgey. What size would be reasonable for the buffer ? 1k ?

By the way do you think this app could be interesting for rockbox ?
Thanks for your (very quick) help !

gilles.

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 € TTC/min)