Subject: RE: berzerk peak meter? Alpha testers wanted.

RE: berzerk peak meter? Alpha testers wanted.

From: Andreas Stemmer <Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:06:06 +0200

Hallo Philipp,

great work, your peak meter really looks great (and doesn't use as much
space on the screen as the one from archos). I tested it a little bit
and I can't find any big difference between berzerk mode and normal
mode. But I don't have any mp3s that are clipped. My opinion is that
during playback, it is not too important to see clips on the peak meter,
because you'll notice them when you hear them. The peak meter just helps
to have an overview of how intense, loud, etc. a song is (and it looks
cool). For my using, it is enough to have a rather slow read-out and
gain battery life time instead.
It will be different when there is recording available. There of course,
the peak-meters have to be more accurate to adjust the levels, but
that's another story.
While comparing your peak meter with the one from archos, I noticed that
the levels are slightly lower on your peak meter. Perhaps they calculate
the levels in a different way?

Andreas