Subject: Re: Using JB while in USB mode?
From: Andrew Jamieson (ajamiesn_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: 2002-09-23

OK, I sorta tried this with an ISD300 proto board I have at work:

1) Plug in ISD300 attached HDD to USB2 port on computer, let it enumerate,
blah, blah, blah
2) Start data transfer to/from HDD (tried both reads and writes). Large
data chucks (>100MB) were used to give me some time to mess around.
3) Sometime during the transfer, dis-assert the ATA_ENABLE pin on the
ISD300. Wait for the transfer progress meter to pause (using windows ... )
4) Turn the HDD off, wait 20 seconds, turn HDD on again.
5) Immediately on power-on (whilst the HDD is still POST'ing), re-apply
ATA_ENABLE
6) The data transfer continues with no problem

This worked with both a single large file (a big .zip) and multiple smaller
files. Although it does not necessarily prove that a second controller can
perform another transfer during the ISD300 disable period, it suggests to me
that it's worth a look.

Of course, this is all useless for the ISD200 enabled players ....