Subject: Re: fonts

Re: fonts

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:34:49 +0200

Hello Fabian,

Fabian Merki wrote on Monday, September 23, 2002, 10:15:12 PM:

FM> - some of the fonts have a huge (3 and more pixel) space between
FM> each line... i think the line spacing could be defined somewhere
FM> else than directly in the font - so that every one could specifiy
FM> that themself...

If a font has too much space between the lines (lines where no
character has pixels), then the font is badly created.

And to add additional lines of space between two lines of text uses
more space on the display.

So at least for me the ability to set a line spacing is unnecessary
and looks like a workaround for bad fonts to me..

Bye, Uwe.