Subject: Re: greetings + first suggestion :)
From: Eric Linenberg (
Date: 2002-09-24

The default was lower before and was way too light on my player and some others
complained. However, I know Linus must have a similar player to yours
as with the current setting his is very dark at the default.

If there was some way to tell the difference between the "dark" and
the "light" models maybe this could be incorporated into the firmware
and set it to the respective default.

A quicker fix would be to lower the value just a few, as 25 is way too
light to even be readable on mine.

sw> Greetings,

sw> So I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about with rockbox and man
sw> is it awesome :). I'm looking forward to digging in to the code and hope to
sw> make some contributions. Any suggestions for a small project to get started
sw> on?

sw> Now on to my first suggestion- the default contrast setting is 38. I don't
sw> know if this varies a lot between different hardware, but this was barely
sw> readable on my recorder. Can we change the default to 25?

sw> -shane