Subject: Version 1.4 preparations, Patch tracker
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-24

Version 1.4
-----------
Looking at the roadmap on the front page, all the planned features for 1.4 are implemented. So it's time to start preparing for release 1.4.

I'm not calling a feature freeze just yet. There are a couple of things left I want to squeeze in:

- Repeat toggle, hopefully (this really is more complex than it seems)
- Merging "music filter" and "show hidden files" into a tri-state file filter
- Loadable language files (to avoid having to distribute a zillion different files)
- Persistent wps and font file selection
- F3 quickscreen in menus
- retry failed disk reads
- ON + up/down as pgup/pgdn
- usb detect in settings

I expect all of the above, with the exception of repeat toggling, will be fixed during the day.

Patch Tracker
To remedy the fact that we are not keeping track of submitted patches as well as we should, we will start using the Patch Tracker on our Sourceforge page.

The Patch Tracker works much like the bug and feature request trackers, only you submit patches instead. This way we'll always have a list of pending patches.

If you have submitted a patch that you feel have been forgotten or otherwise haven't gotten suitable attention, please submit it to the patch tracker.

Patch submission notices and changes will automatically be mailed to the rockbox-sf list, just like with bugs and feature requests today.

Patch Tracker URL:
  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=439120&group_id=44306&func=browse

--
Björn