Subject: Newbie needs help
From: fredharmon_at_netzero.net
Date: 2002-09-25

Be gentle guys, I am a newbie and need some help with my
Archos 20GB recorder. I recently upgraded to the RockBox
firmware (version 1.3) and noticed when I go into some of my
larger directories I get a message that says "Directory Buffer
Full". I have about 1,200 songs in one directory and
somewhere around 700 in the other. I assume the problem is
from me having too many files in one directory. Can someone
tell me what the directory size limit is?

I also am wondering what the negative side effects are of
having the directory buffer overfull. Does this mean it won't
play some songs if in the Random mode?

And lastly, is there any possible way for me to add more
memory to this unit? I use it on a motorcycle and it
frequently locks up. I was hoping that I could resolve the
lock up issue by adding more memory, maybe the Rockbox
firmware will help ??

Thanks,
Fred H.

Introducing NetZero Long Distance