Subject: Re: is MP3 PRO supported ?
From: Benoit Midy (bmidy_at_guddland.lu)
Date: 2002-09-25

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:46:04 +0200, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:

>Benoit Midy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to know if RockBox support the MP3PRO format ?
>> if some user have info about it, please let me know.
>
>It cannot as the MP3 decoder chip used does not support MP3Pro.
>You can play these files, but they will sound like normal 64kbit/s MP3
>files.
>
>Regards,
>
>Vladimir

So You meant that I could play encoded MP3PRO encoded file BUT "but they will
sound like normal 64kbit/s MP3 files" ???

I do not understand all ?

Cause i'd like to use MP3PRO to gain in term of space, I want use some 8kb 8Hz Mono
file (only speech) to gain at 1:2 ratio as I read in some doc about MP3PRO , is this
possible ?

SO I think the better is to test and see the result myself it still possible to listen to the
MP3PRO encoded file ? and if the size gain is significant ?

Thanks at all