Subject: RE: VBR files don't play at all with CVS version
From: Perron, Olivier (olivier.perron_at_mdc.nec.fr)
Date: 2002-09-25

> > Hi all,
> > I can't play VBR files with the latest CVS firmware on my
> > Jukebox Studio 20.
>
> This had nothing at all to do with VBR files or not. It had to do with the
> ID3 tag parser. It wasn't able to deal with ID3V2 tags larger than 128K.
The
> file you (privately) sent me contained an 800Kbyte ID3V2 tag. I have fixed
> the ID3 parser now, and your example file plays fine now.
>
> Thanks for reporting this.
>
> /Linus
Actually I do have very few VBR files and when I look at what was the
difference between the non working ones and the working ones, the first
difference that came to me was that the non working where VBR ones...
Nevertheless, thanks to you, the bug is now fixed and I've just validated
the fix with the other files I have. It works, GREAT !

Thanks,
Olivier.