Subject: RE: System.fnt & *.lang
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2002-09-25

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Melih ÖZBEK wrote:

That is the actual way to use it. We need the english file to get the
original order of the ids.

> I took english.lang from rockbox site and use it as
> Binlang english.lang turkish.lang turkish.lng
> Resulting lng file didn't work.. I think the order might be different,

If so, the binlang script bugs. Can you check more closely what problems you

> Binlang turkish.lang turkish.lang turkish.lng
> Everything became normal.. I checked the translations, I can't say they are
> 100%correct but at least they are what I wrote :)

Well, that works as long as you keep the ids in strictly the same order as
the original english file does.

> I just can't manage to make AJBR load it during boot.. Putting lng file
> into .rockbox/default.lng didn't work.. Perhaps tomorrow's daily build will
> make it.

Yes, I added the code doing that during the day today.

Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg --