Subject: Re: francais.lang
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-09-27

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, JOSE MARIA GARCIA VALDECASAS BERNAL wrote:

> Hi, we have that problem in some other strings, i forgot to comment them at
> the english.lang, and haven't got time right now to change it, For example,
> check LANG_PLAYINDICES_PLAYLIST and LANG_PLAYINDICES_BUFFER, both are part
> of the same message, "playlist buffer full", if you translate it into
> french line by line you will get a nonsense message when playlist buffer is
> full. You shuold re-write it to match the real meaning, even when you write
> another thing instead of Playlist in LANG_PLAYINDICES_PLAYLIST. I suppose
> all languages that come from Latin will have this problem.

Many languages of course will have problems like this. The solution is to fix
the language strings so that they can be used even for non-english languages
better (be it latin or whatever).

> Daniel, if you want i could try to add some warning in all messages with
> this kind of error.

A warning is the quick "fix" for this, the real fix would be to correct how
we use the strings. IMHO.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/