Subject: Re: 2.5" to 3.5" adaptator ?
From: Peter Koenig (www.access_at_my-mail.ch)
Date: 2002-09-28

I quote Mathias:
Wow, I got it working even without the 2.5" adapter under Windows XP,
directly via USB! What a success! After playing with my incompatible
server's USB port under Linux (some very old Intel chipset with one of
the first USB hubs on-board) and despairing about the missing adapter I
found a solution! As frequently noted the hardest thing is to format any
drive with more than 32 GB under XP (because XP's fat32 driver refuses
the formatting process).

I found a program called 'Paragon Partition Manager' which is available
in a 'trial' version for free. With this you can format the drive even
under the NT-based Windows variants without any problem, the limitations
of the trial version (no partition resizing etc.) are of no concern for
this simple partitioning and format process.

BTW: With the Partition Manager the whole drive is one partition, with
XP's Computer Manager dialog I got some 8 MB free at the drive's end (of
course just at partitioning). Conclusion: Neither partitioning nor
formatting is well done by Microsoft's native tools.

The tool is available at http://www.partition-manager.com

I hope that helps.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias