Subject: Re[2]: F2/F3 toggle disadvantage

Re[2]: F2/F3 toggle disadvantage

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 23:48:32 +0200

Hello Björn,

Björn Stenberg wrote on Saturday, September 28, 2002, 11:11:27 PM:

>> - Only pressing the F2/F3 key longer than ~ 500ms makes it stay there.
BS> The opposite is true today.

That was my suggestion and not what I thought as it is now.

BS> Press the key for ~500ms and you will return when you release it.

This doesn't work here! (Tested the current cvs version.)

>> - A short keypress closes it again after releasing the key.
BS> That would break consistency with for example the ON key.

I agree.

>> - Pressing a key combination (F2+X at the same time) closes it.
BS> This already happens today. If you press F2, LEFT and then release
BS> F2 the quickscreen will close.

Yes, I know.

To recapitulate: At the moment there is no way to only turn on the
backlight with one keypress. I personally would prefer having this
function on a "short" keypress. But if a "long" keypress does it, it
would be also better as now.

Bye, Uwe.