Subject: Re: Logging into CVS?

Re: Logging into CVS?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:10:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, George Styles (RipnetUK) wrote:

> I use the CVS anonymously as I do not have a login of own. Is it possible
> to supress the login prompt for the CVS? i know you can do it if you have
> an account using SSH (and I also know that is documented on the site)

Yes.

You should do the cvs login command separately:

$ cvs -d [blablabla] login

(press return when a password is prompted)

Then you checkout the sources:

$ cvs -d [blablabla] co [whatever]

If you DON'T logout (which is done by using 'cvs logout'), the login info is
stored in your $HOME/.cvspass file and is used automaticly when you do 'cvs
update' or 'cvs checkout' in the future on a [blablabla] for which you have
the password stored.

The SSH-way is only how developers with CVS write access avoid password
prompting.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/