Subject: Re: user editable..., new sub-topic
From: phil_at_x-phobie.de
Date: 2002-10-02

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:32:13 -0400, "M. OReilly"
<moreilly_at_moreilly.com> wrote:

>I agree that being able to change bindings would be a good idea, for many of
>the reasons presented so far. And as far as Andrew's idea here, I think a
>.bind file or something would be ok, similar to the .lang files and such.

>I would suggest that a new application
>be developed that would take care of all the user-configurable settings in
>Rockbox at once, write a standard .ini file or something, and allow it to be
>loaded by the firmware at runtime.

>So what do you think?

An extremly cool idea! A graphical gui on the pc would make editing
key schemes a piece of cake. Every dumb-user could handle that. Of
course it doesn't releaf us from making a good standard setting.
BTW: A side effect of having user assignable keys would be that user
configurable menus could be realized with nearly no effort.

Phil