Subject: Re: user editable keys binding schemes wanted
Date: 2002-10-02

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:36:21 +1000, "Andrew Jamieson"
<> wrote:

>For me, it would not be a complete and permanent re-mapping of the buttons
>that I would want, but something temporary I could load in for specific

It would be similar to loading eq / lang / font files. Just browse to
the config file and load it. If you want another configuration but the
standard to be loaded at boot time you'd have to name your file
/.rockbox/default.key. You could have various config files for various

>So I., for one, would not desire
>any complex duration/state dependant re-mapping commands; just a (number) of
>simple remappings I could load for specific occasions. Of course, others
>may require more complex functionality,

With the concept I have in mind you can decide yourself how deep you
want to dig yourself into complexity. If you only want the f3 key to
do something different than the default a text file with only 2 lines
would be sufficiant. If you want it to trigger different things
depending on how long / often / with which combinations / in which
situations it is pressed you're free to do so, too.