Subject: RE: user editable keys binding schemes wanted
From: Paul van der Heu (
Date: 2002-10-02

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:12:30 +0200, Nielsen Linus (ext) wrote:

>matter of assigning a function to a key, it is far more than that
>(key-down/key-up, key combinations, persistent quick-screens...).

So make a config file in a format like:

key,function,up/down,duration,backlight on,release,revert on repeat

for example

would bind showing the WPS to F2 when it is pressed down for 500 ms
or more and it would stay in the WPS until pressed for more then 500
ms again. It would also turn the backlight on if it is off

Would bind showing the info screen to F3 when it is pressed for more
then 1000 ms and return to the previous screen straight after release
of F3. The backlight stays in its current state

>We really need to discuss the implementation a lot before we get our

Well.. here you go.. ;)