Subject: RE: user editable keys binding schemes wanted
From: M. OReilly (moreilly_at_moreilly.com)
Date: 2002-10-02

If I am assuming correctly that the config file will be ASCII (i.e., not
binary), is there any objection to making it user-editable? Sometimes it
may be advantageous not to have to open the gui to make changes to the
config file. The system won't care, but is there any reason we shouldn't do
a traditional Windows-style .ini format? (You know, like:

[key bindings]
F1=
F2=
Down=
F1+F2+F3+put left foot in the air=

[timer settings]
auto-shutoff default=
auto-shutoff=on

etc., etc.)

This makes a whole lot more sense to me than a cryptic comma-delimited
format...(No offense intended, Paul!)

Matt