Subject: Re: Fx screens
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2002-10-03

Olivier BUTLER wrote:
> the F1 screen use the user-loaded font
> the F2-F3 screen use the default-firmware font.
> can it be consistent ?

F1 screen? Are you referring to the menus? The menus work with all fonts, since they can scroll. The quickscreens can't handled big fonts, so they fall back to the system font.

> In case of short-press on F2/F3 can the screen display "Press Fx to exit"

I guess they could.

> While browsing the ON key allows page-scrolling. can this behaviour be
> locked in case on long-press on ON. this will permit to use the rockbox
> with one hand (as F2/F3 screens do )

The difference is that the page up/down is not added functionality. One-hand users simply press DOWN a little longer to get the same effect.

We won't be able to make all key shortcuts "one hand compatible".