Subject: Re: Remote control with display
From: ActiveSystems (activesystems_at_caverock.net.nz)
Date: 2002-10-03

voltage levels aside, the remoclone shows that you can easily throw data at
the Jukebox at 9600 baud.

Provided the functionality of PB10 can be changed on the fly from a UART Rx
to a general I/O pin then you can definitely send data out of the box to the
remote. Only issues I see are:

a) Sending the data out of the Jukebox without too much overhead and at a
reasonable bitrate. Since we can't use the Tx side of the UART (pin not
connected), it will have to be clocked out bit by bit. This is why I was
thinking that it would be nice if it could be piggybacked on top of an
existing time-dependent routine?????

b) Making sure that the micro in the remote can handle Tx and Rx on the same
wire - don't see why it can't.