Subject: RE: clever algorithm string ->int id wanted
From: Stuart Tedford (
Date: 2002-10-04

Does the SH1 have a hardware crc module? If so you could use it to generate
the hash key on the string. I have used this in the past on a Misubishi M16
uController for a file system filename lookup function. But there is a
small chance that two totally different strings have the same key. I only
had a max of 1000 files in my filesystem and the file names only differed by
a few chars so it was perfect.