Subject: RE: new thread about remote control with display
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2002-10-08

> I read your last mail about the sony car stereo. Do you know
> how to connect the Jukebox to the sony ? Is there any way to
> make an adapter to the changer control ?

At the moment it's only a dream, but I think it should be possible.
If we have a the possibilty to build a LCD remote, we have all the
features we need on the rockbox side: remote control of the jukebox
and the possibilty to get data out (track title etc.)
I did a little bit of research in the internet so far concerning the
Sony protocol and I think it should be possible to find out enough
to build a interface with a µ-controller. The interface has to
translate the sony commands to rockbox commands and the rockbox
output to sony-like data. This way, the jukebox pretends to be a
sony cd changer.
First step on this big adventure is to get the bidirectional
communication with the jukebox working, then I have to collect lots
of info about the sony protocol. I'll surely try it, if I find the
time, but it's a long way..

Andreas Stemmer